Williamsburg, VA – Hofstra and William & Mary played out a tie Saturday night at Martin Family Stadium at Albert-Daly Field. The draw was the first of the season for Hofstra.
Hofstra moves to 5-2-1 on aggregate and 2-1-1 in the Colonial Athletic Association with the draw. William & Mary is 2-2-4 overall and 2-1-1 in the league.
Wessel Speel made three saves in goal for Pride, including one on a breakaway late in the second half that kept the game scoreless. Hofstra, who had nine shots, had no shots on net as Danilo Nikcevic was not called up for a save in the game.
Hofstra’s usually high-pressure offense was overpowered by the Tribe, with Pride only firing one corner kick on the night. Hofstra is averaging nearly six per game going into the night.
Hofstra will be back in action Saturday, Oct. 1 at 5 p.m. when they host Delaware in a CAA game.
– Hofstra’s last scoreless draw was Nov. 6, 2021 against UNCW
– The last time Hofstra didn’t register a shot on goal was at James Madison on September 6, 2019.
– Hofstra saw his four-game winning streak come to an end.
– Eliot Goldthorp had three shots for pride, while Ryan Carmichael and Marcelo Lage each had two.
– Hofstra is 10-12-4 all-time against William & Mary.